Headstone Tennis Club is pleased to announce details of Headstone Tennis Club’s 2021 Club Championships. Please ensure you read and continue to adhere to the latest guidance when visiting the Club and playing any matches. The latest guidance can be found here.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS RULES & GUIDANCE 2021
- Entries close at midnight Friday 4th June 2021
- The events start on the 11th June and end on 4th Sept
- Only enter if you are available for Finals Day on Sat 4th Sept 2021 (potentially 5/9/21 if required)
- The make of tennis ball used in all events will be the ‘Slazenger Wimbledon UltraVis’. Balls must be of a similar condition and agreed at the start by all players. The club will provide balls and are available inside the club via the ball trays. All fees (£3 per event) must be paid in full by 2nd July 2021.
- The Mens’ Singles – Ladies Doubles – Mens’ Doubles – Mixed Doubles will be the best of three sets (7 point tie-break at 6 – 6 in all three sets)
- The Veterans Events (singles & doubles) will be the best of three sets (7 point tie-break at 6-6 in first two sets) with a Championship tie-break (first to 10 leading by 2 clear pts) instead of a normal third set
- The Ladies Singles will be a Round Robin Table Event format followed by semi-finals. Group matches will be best of three sets(7 point tie break at 6-6 in the first two sets) with a Championship tie-break decider (first to 10 leading by two clear pts) instead of a normal third set. After the group stages matches will be played over the best of three normal sets (tie-break 6 all in all 3 sets)
- All matches in each round are to be completed by the play by date clearly indicated on each draw sheet. Due to Covid guidelines the start of the tournament has been delayed therefore its imperative to adhere to the play by dates
- It is the responsibility of both sets of players involved to contact their opponents to make arrangements to play. This can be done through the whatsapp group otherwise via Tina Murray (07790 233451). In the Men’s doubles (includes Veteran’s) the first named player in each pair is responsible for contacting the opponents
- If a match is not played by the end of the play by date the player/s on the top of the draw will go through to the next round there will be no extensions
- Courts are to be reserved through the Clubspark booking system – please release the court if your match is rearranged
- If a match is being played and the light level is decreasing then both players can agree to complete at another time
- ALL RESULTS are to be posted on a new HLTC Tournament Results Whatsapp group which you will be added to. Alternatively, you may enter the result directly onto the draw sheet or text the result to D Charman on 07899 661525
- Access to view the draws will be available through the club website – see below
- All trophies are to be presented at the ‘Presentation Evening’ date TBC please try and be there
- If there are any issues with any matches contact David Charman prior to the play by date – not after
- All decisions or adjudications made by the Match & Tournament Committee will be final
We ask all players involved to keep up to date with the LTA covid guidelines and adhere to Headstones announcements and bulletins if changes affect playing conditions or use of the courts and club facilities
As we are all aware the use of recreational facilities may change at any time. We will endeavour to do our best to adapt if necessary throughout the duration of the tournament to reach finals day.
This can only be achieved through cooperation and flexibility amongst the participants. An outstanding effort last season from all participants which resulted in every event ending on schedule. Lets go again.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS DRAW 2021
The draw for the Club Championships can be accessed from the ‘Members Area’ of the website which is located under the ‘The Club’ section within the website or by clicking here.
Please note the ‘Members Area’ is password protected which can be located in the invitation email.