|UPDATING OF LTA GUIDANCE TO TENNIS VENUES, PLAYERS & COACHES
DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB OR PLAY IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD ARE DISPLAYING SYMPTOMS OR SELF-ISOLATING
INTRODUCTION TAKEN FROM LTA WEBSITE
Following the further easing of restrictions in England from 1 June announced by the Prime Minister on Thursday evening (28 May) and the publication of detailed Government guidance on Sunday (31 May), the Government has confirmed what these measures mean in relation to tennis. Players from different households can now play doubles together as long as they stay two metres apart as far as possible, and small group coaching for up to six people (including coaches) can resume.
These developments to the measures are detailed on the Gov.uk website under their guidance for ‘Gatherings, public spaces and and outdoor activities’ (see 1.5) and in their information for the public for the ‘Phased return of outdoor sport and recreation’.
Based on our continued discussions with Government and in line with its detailed guidance published on Sunday, the LTA has worked to develop an updated set of practical guidelines as soon as possible for venues, coaches and players to apply from 1 June so that tennis can be played in England, where the local environment allows. We have clearly indicated the key additions and updates to the guidelines on the pdfs.
These guidelines apply to both tennis and padel, and outline adaptations and considerations so that tennis activity can be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Government advice and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include measures to maintain hygiene and minimise unnecessary interactions with others.
These guidelines currently apply to England only, and have been produced to help venues, coaches and players operate in line with the Government guidance. The full guidelines can be downloaded below – please ensure you read the relevant guidelines in full before undertaking tennis activity:
LTA Guidance for Tennis Venues
LTA Guidance for Tennis Players
LTA Guidance for Tennis Coaches
Please take time to read these documents.
The committee at Headstone want you all to be able to enjoy your tennis and at the same time keeping yourself and fellow members safe. It is for this reason it is essential that you follow the regulations and take note of signage around the club.
- All five courts will be available for play via a booking system.
- The gates to the courts will be open from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. every day. This ensures that you do not have to touch the gates to obtain access.
- On entering and exiting courts you must follow the 2 metre social distancing guideline which also applies to the carpark and the patio.
- ON COURT Players from different households can now play doubles together as long as they stay two metres apart as far as possible, and small group coaching for up to six people (including coaches) can resume.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it. For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court
- The nets will be set at the correct height, so no touching necessary.
- The benches around the entire club and courts are out of use. The arbours on the courts will be taped so please do not try to use these.
- The clubhouse can be opened via the main door solely for access to the toilet facilities. This will also give access to the first aid cabinet & the defibrillator if needed. You must not enter via the patio door.
- Changing facilities & showers are out of use.
- Water is available from the outside tap.
USE OF THE TOILET FACILITIES
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW THE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- ONLY USE THE TOILET FACILITIES IF REALLY NECESSARY.
- ONLY ONE PERSON TO ENTER THE CLUBHOUSE AT A TIME REGARDLESS OF GENDER.
- Sanitise your hands before entry (there is a gel dispenser near the outside tap)
- Avoid touching any surfaces. Internal doors will be left open and your privacy will be protected as you will be the sole user of the facilities.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap & hot water before leaving.
- On exiting the clubhouse sanitise your hands again.
THESE MEASURES ARE TO PROTECT YOU & FELLOW MEMBERS SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES.
EQUIPMENT & SANITIZER
- You must come changed ready to play. You are not allowed to use the changing facilities in the clubhouse which can ONLY be opened to use the toilet facilities.
- Bring your own racquets. The club would prefer that you do not share any equipment.
- SANITISE YOUR HANDS BEFORE PLAY, AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE DURING PLAY & SANITISE YOUR HANDS AFTER PLAY
- Moving on from the latest guidance from the LTA. The club has chosen to give a tube of new balls to each member in Categories: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H. who has paid their subscription.
- To ensure this happens safely, distribution will take place on:
- Saturday 13th June 12.00 – 1.00 p.m.
- Sunday 14th June 12.00 – 1.00 p.m.
- Tuesday 16th June 10.00 – 11.00a.m.
- Please ensure that you personalise them clearly.
- We encourage you to bring your own sanitizer gel/wipes /soap. Use it to wipe down your equipment including racquets and water bottles before and after use.
- Have a bag to put your clothes and belongings in. Do not use taped off benches, nets or court hooks to hang your clothes on.
- ENSURE THAT YOU TAKE ALL YOUR BELONGINGS WITH YOU. Do not leave anything on court.
RULES FOR PLAY
- SINGLES PLAY: You allowed to play singles with current members of Headstone Tennis Club. (They do not need to be a member of your household)
- DOUBLES PLAY: You are now allowed to play with members of three different households.
- FOR BOTH YOU MUST FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ON SOCIAL GATHERINGS.
The guidelines stipulate that you should meet and only play with five people, who are not members of your household, in any one day. Please comply with this recommendation.
- On arriving please stay in your car until the previous players have left the premises. There can be no hanging around chatting as this would be contrary to the guidelines that we are asking you to follow.
- When on court ensure that you cross taking care to avoid close contact, maintaining the two metre social distancing.
- Use your sanitizer to clean your hands and equipment after play.
- Please adhere to your playing time and vacate the courts promptly to allow the players in the next slot to enter the courts.
- NO SPECTATORS except in special circumstances when there is a need for a parent, guardian or carer to be present. (see LTA guidelines)
Please keep safe by following these regulations.